Putting DEWS II into Action
Saj Khan MB BS; FRCSEd(Ophth), Consultant Ophthalmologist - 1 interactive CET Point
Ocular Surface Disease OSD is a multi-factorial disease of the tears and ocular surface. There is a range of conditions that effect the eye e.g. Dry Eye Disease, Blepharitis and Meibomian Gland Dysfunction. This lecture will review the findings of the DEWS II report to advise how to create an ocular surface disease patient journey and how to fit it into your daily clinics.
- To understand how and why you should develop a streamlined Patient Journey and a protocol for diagnosing Ocular Surface Disease in your Practice. This will address the issue of finding the time in a modern day practice to diagnose, treat and mange Ocular surface disease to provide patients with solutions that work for their lifestyle.
- To understand the necessary diagnostic tools that are required to create the patient journey and optimise patients’ time.
- To understand how to interpret your patients test results, including using effective communication to interpret symptoms.
- To understand how to develop a customised treatment plan for your patient
- To know what products will help with your patients type of OSD
This piece of CET is approved for Optometrists and Dispensing Opticians